Sometimes blessing with a magical MoneySaving wand and exchanging all your providers isn’t enough to improve your finances. You have to consider yourself with two simple words, That is “STOP SPENDING”.
Yes, it’s time to stop spending money unnecessarily.
A famous proverb says “Stop Spending Money You Don’t Have, to Buy Things You Don’t Need, to Impress People You Don’t Like”.
Table of content-
For several reasons, people spend money and if we are just a little frank with ourselves, most of those purposes can be directly attributed to emotions. There can be so many reasons to spend money unnecessarily but,
Most times we blame five reasons for our overspending:
- Spending Money on Food.
- Spending Money on Unnecessary Purchasings.
- Spending on Eating Out, Street Food & Fast Food.
- Spending on Shopping Like Buying Extra Clothes.
- Spending on Entertainment. Etc.
I know sometimes it is too tough to avoid and take control of all of your extra spendings on all that outside delicious food, your desirable clothes, regular shopping, partying with friends and family and much more.
But, if you have specific planning, strategies to control frivolous spending habits you can improve your finances.
How to Stop Spending Money on Food:
After the mortgage, car payments, and other big expenditures most people spend their money on food. Yes, you heard the right thing.
Spending money on food can be a reason behind any financial crises. If you want to stop spending money on food, you need to change your way of approaching grocery shopping and supermarkets for food buying.
I have some money-saving tips on food to help you spend less at the supermarket.
- Research Prices: One of the easiest ways to learn how to stop frivolous spending habits is to learn SALE. When stuff is on sale and then only buy it. Pricing study isn’t as simple as it sounds. Before purchasing make a list of the items you need to buy that are on sale. It can be kind of fun.
- Stick to Your List: Making a list of groceries will help you spend far less on food, but only if you commit to sticking to the list. Because when you move into the supermarket you can’t put blinders on, you’ll need to train yourself to disregard or avoid other parts of the shop.
- Eat Before You Shop: When you’re hungry never shop. This is the best money-saving advice you’ll ever get. When you forward yourself to the grocery store before you have an option to eat, the minute you set foot inside the store, something magical happens. Yes, Suddenly, every single thing you need to buy and eat right now looks like something. If you need to know how to stop spending money on food, it’s important to always learn to eat before shopping.
You do not need to completely stop spending money on food budget but at least you can plan it effectively. Let me help you in this follow 8 money-saving ways on food-
Different Ways to Spend Less Money On Food:
- Set a budget and create a grocery list
- Plan budget-friendly meals
- Avoid expensive food- Eat less meat
- Keep yourself away from meal delivery service apps
- Buy your groceries in bulk
- Organize your pantry using expiration dates
- Reduce food waste
- Embrace eating leftovers
How to Stop Spending on Eating Out & Fast food:
Eating out, fast food is not a definite concern but regularly spending on street food can be. An average of 54% of people used to go to restaurants for lunch and dinner twice or thrice in a month with their friends and family. And, 64% of food lovers are habitual of street food, fast food like pizza, burgers, rolls, etc regularly.
This spending on eating out and fast foods directly affect your monthly budget. So, stop frivolous spending habits on Eating Out & Fast food. Plan to go out only occasionally. Starting it hurts but believe me it is a good step for saving money.
Best Ways to stop spending money on food:
- Do your breakfast, lunch, and dinner on time so that you won’t feel hungry at other times.
- Avoid office/college/school canteen food, try to bring a snack box with you.
- Fast food causes obesity, diabetes, and other health issues. Think about it before you think about eating out and food.
- Read health magazines and books.
- Avoid late-night parties, spend your free time with your family.
- Plan to go out only occasionally.
- Don’t let your mind think about food. Try to always engage yourself in work.
- Early to Bed Early to Rise, Makes your mind healthy, wealthy and wise.
How to Stop Spending Money on Unnecessary Things:
Sometimes we just buy things just because they are on sale not because we need them. This unnecessary purchasing can cause big financial issues. Avoid spending money on unnecessary things.
Always remember: If you don’t need it, then don’t buy it. No matter what “percent off” it is.
Always keep in mind that you have to save money and say “I am a money saver”. Because this formula always works especially when you are in any supermarket.
The best way to stop spending money is to stay away from things that make you want to spend like those stores that carry to buy your favorite things.
Best Ways to Stop Spending Money on Unnecessary Things:
- Most of the times unnecessary spendings include food, entertainment, and shopping. Try to limit such things which need money from your pocket.
- Create your buying list before going shopping so that you can avoid unnecessary shopping.
- Stick to your buying list when you go shopping, don’t look at other counters.
- Spend less time in any shopping stores.
- Don’t go to the supermarket without any reason.
- Avoid SALE Offers.
- Avoid late-night parties and eating out food with friends and family.
- Avoid outing entertainment habits like clubbing, gamings, movies, etc.
- Prefer cash payment instead of credit card payments.
- Avoid street fast food like pizza, burgers, etc.
- Always prefer your health first so that you can easily get rid of outside food.
- Create your monthly budget for every expense to keep a record of your spendings. You can use budgeting apps for the management of your expenses.
How to Stop Spending Money on Clothes:
- Think long term while buying clothes:
In your overall budget, apparel and clothes that last longer can be better, and it can help to reduce clothing waste. Sometimes cheaper is not always better. Stop spending money on cheap apparel. Go for quality clothing which not only suits you also, runs longer. This technique will help you a lot in saving money.
- Buy only what you need:
Another important thing to remember while shopping for clothes is Purchase clothing only you need. Many times we go to the shopping mall simply to shop for socks and we find there discount offers on shoes and as a result, we also buy them. Avoid such unnecessary shopping.
- Create a budget line:
You can also set a monthly spending limit for clothes shopping. The best way to put the limit on your spending is to create a budget line or limit for clothes. Set a standard limit. And don’t go over it. This is a real way to stop spending on clothes.
How to Stop Spending Money For 30 Days:
Financial freedom is a really big deal. Sometimes it looks like a challenge to avoid spending, especially when we talk about a family of 4-5 members who need groceries, clothing, food and other retail shopping regularly. And, in such case, if someone tells you to stop spending money for 30 days. It seems too difficult to do.
But how about if this technique turns into magic and saves money for you. Yes, now it is becoming interesting. By stopping spending money for 30 days means to say stop buying unwanted things.
- Challenge yourself and create a budget sheet and stick to it.
- Download a stop spending money app to keep records of your spendings and track your expenses on a regular interval. It will help you track unnecessary expenses that you can exclude from your spending list.
- Don’t go beyond the limit. Avoid all unnecessary shopping, eating out, fast foods, extra clothing, and other unusual expenditures.
- Apply this method for 30 days only and as a result, you will find you spend 20% less than last month.
- This is your extra savings.
STOP SPENDING MONEY is the first step towards SAVING MONEY. Taking control over your expenses leads you to be financially strong.
Spend Less Saves More. Always remember “The Micawber Principle”:
“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result in misery.”